It is situated southwest to Bourgas town, 64 km away and 34 km away from Malko Tarnovo town, 300 m altitude. The village is disposed on the upper stream of Mladezhka river amidst Bosna and Zvezdechki hills.
The name of the village originates from the Turkish word ‘evren’ (dragon) and is related to the great number of dolmens in the area, called by the people ‘dragon’s houses’.
The earliest pieces of information about the settlement are found in a Turkish tax register of Anchialska kaza (region) from 1676 year where it is mentioned under the name of Evronos. It has been a part of privilege area Hasekiya.
During the last three centuries Evrenozovo village many times has become desolate and revived. Today the inhabitants of the village are heirs of the Thracian refugees from 1913 year.
These lands have been populated even in the antiquity if the found megalithic monuments are considered. The earliest archeological finds, explored on the territory are the dolmens near to the village in the area of Raikov chukar, 4 km southwest from it and in Lukite area.
The disposal of the other two dolmens response to the all known rules of the dolmen construction as a location – a place with panorama view and an entry orientated to the south. Along the road Evrenozovo village – Zvezdets village in the area of Backuren izvor (Copper spring) are situated: an one chamber dolmen with ‘dromos’ (a corridor) from X-IX century BC, a high tombstone and a beehive stone tomb from IV century AD. The stone tomb is with a semi-cylindrical vault arch of the chamber and an impressive facade and plastered. Tombs with such architecture are rare on the territory of Bulgaria.
Finds show that the inhabitants of this region of Thrace in the beginning of the early iron epoch have been on a very high social and economic position. They have been trading with Asia Minor and Island Greece and developing own metal extraction and production. The inhabitants formed later the Thracian state system.
In the same necropolis is explored the largest mound known among the population under the name of Tumbata. It is a cult complex connected to the rituals of death by Thracians.
The Thracian traditions from I century BC by building of tombstones to the representatives of the ruling classes are preserved a long time after the establishment of Roman authority.
Interesting visiting places:
- Dolmens in the areas “Bakaren Izvor”, “Raykov chukar”, “Lukite”
- Roman tomb in the area “Bakaren Izvor”
- Veleka river valley with old alder-tree, ashl-tree and willow forests